Éloge De La Passe
We have been sent a book by Wally in Paris who has been involved in the publication of a book on anarchism in sport called:
Éloge De La Passe: Changing Le Sport Pour Changer Le Monde
It is in French and so if anyone who is a fluent reader of French wants to borrow it they should get in touch.
Wally has tranlated the contents and they are thus:
Part 1 : history
– Birth of “social” sports
– 1920 text from German’s anarcho-syndicalist organisation
– 1936 the popular Olympics games in Barcelona
– 1936 we have to build a new sport for the women (mujeres libres = Spanish women libs organisation)
– 1968 in france : the occupation of the French Football federation
– 1978 : Argentina wolrd cup the campaign of boycott
– 1940 : the French fascist against the XIII (rugby)
Part II What the amateur French soccer looks like ? : Three comrades write their experiences.
Part III : Ultra fans etc.
Texts and interviews from : radical anatifascist fans (Scalp) ; ultra from Marseille ; Paris, and Spain
Which are the link between : Albert Camus, anarchists and soccer practice ?
Part V : different experiences of anarchist, socialist, antifascist soccer around the world
Part VI : cycling (tour de France), and climbing